Cob, lime and heritage consultancy.
I have over a decade of experience repairing historic buildings, especially cob and lime, and therefore have an extensive understanding of the pathology of historic buildings as well as the management of their repair and maintenance and their interaction with more modern structures.
I am well versed in the legislative requirements around listed buildings, planning permission and building control and have good relationships with trade professionals and engineers who are sensitive to the requirements of working on old structures.
With a Civil aviation authority registered drone camera, I am able to offer flying inspections of hard-to-reach areas to assess the condition of roofs and chimneys without the need for scaffolding.
Consultancy services I can assist with include:
- Surveys of the cob, stone, and lime elements of your building as a health check or a pre-purchase survey or condition report.
- Diagnosis of damp problems in old buildings.
- Investigations into structural concerns such as cracking, bulging or movement.
- Listed building consent applications, planning permission or building control.
- Material specifications and method statements.
- Drone inspections of roofs and chimneys.
I offer consultancy by the hour or can provide priced packages for management of your projects.
Get in touch with Jack Henderson.